Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DoCmd.OpenForm inside Form_Open Event Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcf14

Programmer
May 6, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a form to work properly. It's displaying transparently, i.e, I can't see anything in the form, except for the outline and title bar. Here's the scenario:

I open frmWelcome to start my app with code via the Form_Open event. Inside this event, I run a bunch of code to check system requirements and setup menubars for frmWelcome. Since this is done before the actual form displays, I want to display a "Checking System Requirements..." form to the users during this process. So I call DoCmd.OpenForm "frmCheckSysReq" inside frmWelcome Form_Open event, then close the form at the end of the event. Form_Load & Form_Activate follow, then frmWelcome displays.

Everything works great, frmCheckSysReq is displaying and closing as expected... but the form is transparent. All I can see of the form is its outline and title. Any ideas?

Help greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Hi!

You could try using the DoEvents Function:

[tt]DoCmd.OpenForm "frmCheckSysReq"
DoEvents[/tt]

Roy-Vidar

Roy-Vidar,

Works like a charm... thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back