Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DoCmd.Move Doesn't Appear Work on a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardingR2000

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
I have an Access application that detects if it is running in a single screen or multi-screen environment. If it is in a multi-screen environment it open up the Access container to encompass the width of two screens.

When in the multi-screen mode I move certain forms to specific screens thus enabling the use to make better use of multiple screens.

I don't seem to be able to control reports in the same manner as forms. The DoCmd.Move does not seem to work on reports. Am I implementing it wrong?

Assuming you mean the MoveSize method, and not Move, the method will not work on reports as they do not support the Top, Down, Left, or Right properties.

The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch, and a user with an idea.

You are correct, the Me.MoveSize does not not work on reports.

The Me.Move will reposition (Left, Top) a report, but the additional parameters (Width, Height) that are available in the syntax does not work. Is this a bug or by design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back