Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Docking images and text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 2, 2007
CZ
Hallo,
can anybody help me with docking image frames with text? If I insert a image frame into text frame, can't specify overflowing of the text, the image has no text beside default. If I insert image frame outside, independently on text frames, overflowing can set fully, but the images are docking to the page, no to the text.

Thanx for your help very much.

Are you trying to keep graphics with certain text? If so, there is no need to draw an image frame first. Insert the text cursor where you wish to 'dock' (Adobe now uses the term 'anchor') the graphic, and place the image. It will now be inline with, i.e. anchored to, that paragraph of text.

Ok, i know this, but I can't set the wrapping in this case, the text doesn't flow on the left/right, what I need. And is also impossible to join a label to the image or not?

You have to select the image once inserted with the Paragraph of text.

Then go to Window>Text Wrap then select a wraping option you want.
as you add an amount in, you should see a faint blue border, this represents the wrap, which you can drag to make bigger or smaller

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back