Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dock ACROBAT in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burtlancaster

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
GB
Is it possible to show a Acrobat document within a form? I do believe it is but I can't get passed the stage of even getting the component/ocx installed! Ideally I want to be able to dock a version 8 document but a 5,6 or 7 version would also be acceptable if need be.

Many thanks.

Check out QuickReport (A watered-down component set came with Enterprise edition, under the tab QReport. I'm not sure about the other two editions). They have a component for PDFs and they've got fairly good integration in my experience.

Cyprus

All the ways I've seen are for paid components like this one.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Thanks for the replies however I have just found out that you can actually load acrobat within a CppWebBrowser component, doesnt work exactly as I wanted which was to show a PDF with no options/menu however this method is nice and simple so it will be good enough.

Glad you got it taken care of!

Watch your dependencies in a program with CppWebBrowser. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with that component and dependencies.

Cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back