Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DO YOU DARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandolou

Technical User
Jul 1, 2001
FR
How can i get a good work with a nt 4 server domain, 10 w98, and one xp pro station.
the problem is that i can't get the network on the XP PRO STATION
i configure my tcp/ip protocol and the name of the domain on the xp pro but i can't see anyone in the neiboor.
thx in advance.

R U using a static Ip address...??? Check the sub-net mask is the same as the rest of the network......

Did you remember to tell the Microsoft Client on your XP system to log into the NT network?

--algraff ::)

If he's not seeing other workstations in Network Neighborhood, could it be a problem with NetBios not routing properly over IP for name resolution??? Could be a DNS issue.

First try to ping another machine by IP address. If no then you have wrong IP, wrong subnet, NIC driver, etc. Second try to ping another machine by name. If no then you have DNS/WINS or lmhosts problem. Third try to map a drive on other machine. If no then check log in to network. If all yes, but cannot browse then stop using network neighborhood, just map to what you need.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back