Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do Sharepoint timer jobs run under certain permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanHerschel

Programmer
Mar 29, 2007
US
I have downloaded and installed the SharepointWarmUpJob written by Andrew Cohen [] on both my VM and Dev server and the job works great!, but after I deployed it to the production server, it fails. Since this is the production server, we do not have VS installed and cannot debug. I am getting the following errors which lead me to believe it may be a permission error? If any of the below errors are recognized by anyone, would appreciatte your advice

Event Viewer Log
Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3Event Category: Timer Event ID: 6398Date: 10/24/2008Time: 1:32:47 PMUser: N/AComputer: SP-WEB1Description:The Execute method of job definition MSDN.SharePoint.Samples.SharePointWarmupJob (ID 63fe1857-dd8d-4796-8ae5-f1877bbedb8c) threw an exception. More information is included below. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at [no help of course....]

SharePoint Log
Exception stack trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at MSDN.SharePoint.Samples.SharePointWarmupJob.WarmUpSiteCollection(SPSite siteCollection) at MSDN.SharePoint.Samples.SharePointWarmupJob.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvoke.Invoke(TimerJobExecuteData& data, Int32& result)

Thanks,
JH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back