Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do not have permission to open mail folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkallweit

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
I am having a problem with outlook 2000 on a windows 2000 professional machine. After installtion I try to configure outlook for MS Exchange. I put all the information in and then I get an error "cannot open default mail folders. Do not have permission to logon". When I switch to the user that the exchange account is for I can get the MS Exchange service to work but then the EULA keeps coming up and I accept it and it still comes up. Any ideas on how to fix any of these problems will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
DaveK

If you want your email on another person's PC, you still need to set up a profile for you. Otherwise, it's trying to use their profile with your login--no can do.

With Outlook closed, click on Mail in the control panel and create a new profile for you.

Now, go log into Outlook. Go to (not sure here and I'm not on Exchange Server) Tools-Options-Mail deliver and tell it to "ask" whose profile to use.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word at

Thanks for the information.
Actually I did create a profile and logon and it still gives me the same error. I even recreated the mailbox on the exchange server and it still does the same thing.

-dk

E Have you recreated your network logon? Or whatever that is? I don't do networking, but I've heard that before--that fixing the logon or recreating it or something worked.

Can you get your mail from other PCs without problem?
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word at

What is your Network Logon Security set to.

I'm not sure about Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000, but on NT4 using Outlook 98 the setting is found in
Start\Settings\Control Panel\Mail -

click show profiles,
select the profile required and click Properties
select Microsoft Exchange Server and click Properties
click on the Advanced Tab

and you will find the Network Logon Security settings.

Fagan is right -- change the Network Logon Security to NONE. When Outlook starts you will be asked for a user id, domain and password. Enter the proper entries for the mailbox that is configured and you should be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back