Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do not disturb on 2616 not quite working like i would like it to

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingtero

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
Put the DDL key on attendant and put a 2616 dn on do not disturb at the attendant. Works good for internal lines and external lines coming in ,but There are other scr lines on that 2616 dn and are still ringing in to the phone. Am not supposed to have other scr lines on a phone or is there a cls feature i need to to pu in place or is this a system problem? Thank You in advance for any help.

If other SCR lines are MARP on another TN then it would still ring on that phone where it has appearance otherwise if it is MARP on that same phone - it will follow the DND feature.

to block all ringing on a set with dnd you have to marp all the line on that phone.. then they will also follow the fdn and hunt on that phone.. might consider making them scn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

new questions usually get more attention in a new post. not a problem.. multiple appearance redirecton prime... big words to keep up reaching for the books.. very basic, which set owns/controls a number.. if a dept has scr/mcr 4000 as the main number and it appears on 10 phones, each phone has that dn plus a did on their set.. each set has mail for forward no answer, but often forward the sets to their cell. with marp on, everything works fine. only the marped set for 4000 controls that dn, my did is forwarded to me, but 4000 on the same phone (non marped) still rings in the office.... if marp is not on, it needs to be. the larger and more complex a system is, the more you need marp...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you could put a msb key on the phone.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back