Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do not create satellite assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGoRule

Programmer
Jul 26, 2006
IN
Hi,

We have few query files in C# project and those are added as embedded resource files. Due to recent changes in DB structures for US and Canada, there are 2 changes in query files. So we separated those 2 files by different extensions. For Canada we are referring the file as "filename.CA.qry" and for US it remains the default as "filename.qry".

After building the application, I found "CA" folder inside the "Bin" folder, which contains one dll file having these 2 files. I think it's a satellite assembly...Am I correct?

If I do not want to create this folder, are there any settings required at solution/project level? So that I can share only one dll to client instead of this folder and 2 dlls.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

You set those options in the complier. If you are using Visual Studio just make sure they are getting compiled under the same class library/Make sure they are in the same project. It would not just make the folder "CA" by itself.

As a test, if I add one more file as "filename.UK.qry" to the same project. It creates a "UK" folder inside the "Bin" with a .dll file.
This is happening automatically as we haven't done any sort of settings like this in VS.NET environment.

How to set the options for compiler in VS.NET?

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

How would you expect it to work?
When you have different functionality and or resources for different cultures (the purpose of resource files), the framework works in this manner by design.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back