Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do-It-Yourself Web-Based Support Remote Control Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcNJ

Technical User
Jul 31, 2004
US
I am trying to get some information about different possible computer remote control solutions out there - specifically do-it-yourself web-based ones where the end-user can simply do something like browse to a website and then I can take control of their computer, transfer files, etc. (in a troubleshooting/support role). I currently ues LogMeIn Rescue, and while it works great, I can't help but wonder if there are simply free versions of this that one can install if they have a web server at home or through a hosting provider. If anyone has any information about either another service that offers this same capability for free, or a do-it-yourself free application that one can use with a web server to accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Marc

Look at TeamViewer or Ultra VNC and setup an exe file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back