Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need to do anything special to install 2nd SCSI card? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2005
US
I currently have a win2k server with a SCSI card used for RAID for the hard drives. I have bought an HP StorageWorks automatic tape loader which requires its own SCSI card.

Do I need to do anything special to install and configure the card or just install it and the server will see the card?

The question is not clear. Most scsi cards will be seen by the operating system. I am not aware of any particular restrictions with the HP StorageWorks porduct but that question would best be asked on an HP forum.

This is more of a SCSI question, I was just wondering if I install a second SCSI card does the first SCSI card that is already installed even know the second card is there? In regards to SCSI ID, will anything conflict with two SCSI cards?

I've only seen one machine where adding a second scsi controller caused an issue and that was solved by changing the controller id to 6 so as not to contend with the hba at 7. If the controllers are on different pci buses, it shouldn't matter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back