Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need the library expansion option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSA

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
We are about to do an install of Backup exec, and have found that the final installation is slightly different to what we were lead to beleive. We were told that there would be 1 backup server abcking up a number of servers over a network using a SAN attached tape library. Now we are about to do the install, things have changed. The question is this, are the library expansion option(s) required on all three backup servers (5 for each!) or are they only required for 1 (forcing us to use the 60 day evaluation licenses)?

We had the same type of problem.
If I remember right what you have to pay for is the library (it includes one tape drive) and then you pay one expansion licens for each extra drive in the library.
If the drives are not directly connected to the servers you also have to pay a SSO licens for each server that has BE installed.

It can be that I remember wrong, because it was not easy to get the right answer from Veritas (sometimes it change 3 times in one day)

/johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back