Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do i need more UM channel licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran4212

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
KW
hi all,

I have ns500 pbx, with 6 Lcot lines and recording features enable. I had installed 1 small dsp card, SD card and 4 UM channels license + 2 built in. From AA call reaches to all agents in group after that recording from all 6 lines is working perfectly but I have seen there was some call recording is missing for some days and time. after doing some investigation I found it gives error like "insufficient the process" then by error code from log information file. it says I have to purchase more UM channels. where I have 6 UM channels license for 6 Lines. kindly tell me why is like that and what will be the solution.
P.S
I had made recording for both internal and external call and also what is difference between two way recording and call recording

thanks

It is hard to understand in fact what the problem is.
It could be a shortage of DSP resources - if you use a lot of IP services or conferencing same time with recording process.
It could be a problems with SD card capacity - if there's no auto backup feature and old record deletion.
It could be a busy UM channels - if somebody uses 2wayRec at the same time with Call Recording by Manager.

Need to analize.

2wayRec is a feature for recording conversations of your own Extension by manual pressing RecStart / RecStop button.

Call Recording by manager is a feature for automatic recording for pre-defined Extensions.

P.S. By the way! If you have your described problem quite often (ex. once in a day or two, or at least twice a week), you can install free 10-days Activation Key for additional UM-channels and look if the problem will appear in that trial period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back