Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need BROADCAST AGENT PUBLISHER installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHopkinson

Technical User
Mar 21, 2007
We're having trouble sending reports out of Business Objects 6.5.1 via Broadcast Agent to either shared file systems or by e-mail (this is the first time we've tried this, the Admin Console either says the reports failed or doesnt acknowledge they've been sent). On reading forums & docs it sounds as if we need BROADCAST AGENT PUBLISHER software to be installed both on the server and client sides for us to do this. Is this true? When Business Objects was installed a couple of years ago we didn’t think to use this facility. If anybody could shed some light on this we would be extremely grateful.

Ps. We are likely to be moving to BO XI in a few months – should we wait until after the upgrade before adding this extra functionlity?

Many thanks.
Steven

You'll be done with XI by the time you figure out Publisher. If you owned the product, you'd know.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Fair enough! In the mean time though, apparently I can send reports to our shared drives as long as I get the Broadcast Agents Server Network Id number and provide it with privileges to the drives it needs to go to. Only one question, how do I find this BCA Server Network ID number?

thanks,
Steven

I think you just want the IP address of the server, so that your firewall folks can do that they need to.

You'll also need the name user id of the user that runs the BCA services. If it's set to local system, you won't be able to save files outside your server unless a trust relationship is set up.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thanks for the response and from it I think I'll start a new thread with a new question having realised I think its more of a Authentication/Setup quesry..

regards,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back