Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do i need access logix to run powerpath on FC4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello
do i need access logix to run powerpath on a fc4500, how do i determine if it is installed?
thx
kewitz

powerpath is a load balancing/failover solution, access logix is a LUN Masking solution, they are not dependent on each other.

Cheers.

Access Logix is integrated into the Clariion flare. If you are running a flare rev of 6.xx.xx you have the ability to run with storage groups.
Powerpath is an application that is run on the server.

hello yes i know, i do have flare rev 2.10 so there wont be access logix, i want to have a redundant connection with powerpath and the fc4500 under win2003, do you know if 3.0.6 runs under win2003 and does powerpath support my configuration as followed: 1 sp connected directly to the hba and the other sp connected over an fibre channel switch to the second hba. thx kewitz

hmmm.. that's funny... accesslogix is required when you have more than 1 server. My experience, you don't need accesslogix for only one server connected to the clariion... but I prefer to fill the rpovider (EMC) requirements.

Why are you using 1 switch? how many servers will be connected to this clariion?

Cheers.

hello for connecting a tape library or perhabs later a second windows server, which makes a copy of the boot system, for update procedures or similar, just to have a backup. thx kewitz

We have several Windows 2003 boxes here with version 3.0.6 Powerpath installed on it.. Working fine.

That is the version I have on mine at home.. But can't see adaptors like you.

hello i am using version 4.4.1 so even with that version i dont see anything thx kewitz

Powerpath will work on an FC4500 with FLARE 5.32.16 and above and 6.32.16 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back