Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I lose any MITEL license for lost phones (MITEL 5312/5340)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rprprp

Systems Engineer
Sep 14, 2020
US
Hello All,

We've been forced to lease hundreds of same MITEL phones for the last 10 years; due to absurd 5 year auto renewal contract someone signed in 2010.

After a lot of dramas, we are finally getting out of the contract but the lessor company is now asking $299.00 for each lost/broken MITEL 5312 and $499 for MITEL 5340 phones.

The lessor company said that it's only half of the phone's regular price and that MITEL license is embedded in each lost phone.

I thought this makes no sense but since I'm not really familiar with MITEL system I wanted to hear some explanation from the experts.

We were using Mitel 3300 ICP and MCD IP Phone licences(52001151) if that matter.

Thank you.

they may have built the cost of the license into the lease agreement but licenses for phones are NOT locked to a device
they are applied to the ARID of the controller

not sure hat that part number is 52001151 ?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

If the Leasing company is hammering you over some lost phones... replace them. Get on eBay and buy replacement ones to turn in.

As for the licensing... The licenses are not associated with the set. They are in the controller and associated with the account.

Good luck.

Thanks for the helps. That's exactly what I was planning to do but the vendor said that any used or refurbished phones won't have a license and will not be allowed in to Mitel bank(?). I know it's a B/S but this company has been saying all sorts of B/S for last ten years so not a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back