Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do i have to be connected to the internet, when developing .Net web Pages for my website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMARA

Instructor
Dec 7, 2012
UG
I'm trying to learn website creation using ASP.Net and C sharp, but when i create pages and insert updtable Gridviews, the buttons (say Edit or Delete) will not work untill I connect to the Internet, yet I'm usinng my development laptop as the LocalHost for the training database Im using, cant every thing be fine when I'm offline? or I need some configuration of the developemnt environment which I may not have done yet

Where is the database that you are using? If it is on your development laptop then you don't need any internet connection. If it is not, then you need to have some sort of connection be it internet or network.

The website is on my laptop, and the database Im connecting to is on my Laptop.Is there any special configuration for Internet explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back