Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do hta files work on W8 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
I've got an old hta file which I use to do some simple conversions. A friend has just asked me to rewrite it in C# so he can run it on his Windows 8 phone. If hta files work on W8 phones, then I don't really need to do any conversions. I haven't found any answer on the net as to whether or not it works. As I don't even have a smart phone, I can't try it out. I could try it on his phone but he left it at his sisters so we won't really know until he gets his phone back.

This is asking a lot. Could someone just try this on their windows phone and tell me whether it works
Code:
<html>
<head><title>HTA test</title></head>
<body>It works</body>
</html>
Just call the file something like workies.hta and run it. Please let us know whether it works or not. There are loads of postings on the net but nobody has said whether or not it works.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to rewrite it in C# or VB.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back