Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do black bars on my LCD monitor mean its dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseaver

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
I have a 4.5 year old Samsung 19" LCD monitor. Recently, when its on, there are vertical bars the height of the screen, every other horizontal pixel. I tried unplugging it for a few weeks, and the problem stopped for a short while, but by the end of the day, the problem had returned. I know its not a cable problem because the bars appear when the cable is unplugged and the screen says "No signal".

Hmmm...not a backlight, maybe an inverter? I would drop an email to the folks at and ask their advice. If you're not looking to disassemble & repair, you're probably better off going with a new 19" monitor for around $100:

....although a widescreen will have a not-so-tall image- you will need a 21 or 22" widescreen to give you the same vertical size (12") as an old-school 19"...which seem to be in short supply these days. This is a good deal after the rebate:

PS: Ignore the mangled English at lcdparts.net...they are US based!

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back