Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do ATA's pass Caller ID info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyvegas

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2007
US
If a CID compatible device (cordless, etc ) is connected through an ATA can it receive the Caller ID info (assuming a CI card is in the switch ).

Okay, I found in other threads, that they do NOT pass CID... Bummer

I guess I'll have to wire in a "cordless" jack BEFORE the switch. Unless there's a better way. ?

NT doesn't believe they should have that feature. Just like the ATAs don't have open loop supervision. NT would prefer if nobody used single line analogue hardware...

....JIM....

T7406 & T7406E's do because they emulate an M7310.

John Panzer

Yeah, but 7406's are a little spendy and this guy wants sleeker, smaller cordless phone to use.

Also wants to hook up a fax machine which logs the caller ID info for him (legal reasons)..

looks like a digital set of some kind is your only option. Suggested 7406 seeing as u wanted a cordless. The other option is to get a dedicated phone line that doesn't run thru the Norstar and connect it directly to call display enabled cordless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back