Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do all of you put your logos on your resume? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

myers

MIS
Mar 11, 2003
US
I have 2 logos CCNA and A+ on my resume. How about for people who have 8 or 10 certificates? Do they put their logos on their resume too? An IT career counselor told me it's not smart to put your logos on your resume. He said the resume should be all text.

every job interview, every request for your resume, every one! should be a custom job--designed for the particular opportunity you're after... some jobs, no logos... some jobs, all of 'em...

and make sure you tell the story like this: "If you hire me, your expenses will go down and your revenue will increase by XX% and here's where I've done this in the past" (or something like that).

good luck!!!

JTB
Solutions Architect
MCSE-NT4, MCP+I, MCP-W2K, CCNA, CCDA,
CTE, MCIWD, i-Net+, Network+
(MCSA, MCSE-W2K, MCIWA, SCSA, SCNA in progress)

No- I do not place a single logo on the resume. It looks unprofessional if not done correctly and I am not a graphic arts major ;-)

I do this instead:

<My Name in large font> <contact info>
<certs listed here..smaller font>

The reason is that the eye is drawn to the large font of who I am. Right below is what I consider important.. the certs.. the eye (in the west) naturally travesl left to right and settles on the contact information.

In less then 5 seconds, they know me, know my certs and how to find me. That is a great selling point over having to dig the info out of the resume somewhere else.

MikeS

Find me at
&quot;Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots.&quot;
Sun Tzu

No logo's on resume! An experienced person does not need to advertise themselves that way, their comments and actions speak louder than graphics. “Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Fisher CCNA
[americanflag]

I put logos on my resume and cover letter. My philosophy is that a cover letter needs to attract attention, and a few logos looks a lot nicer to the eye than a page of plain text. Also when dealing with HR, they automatically see you have the relevent certifications, Why make them search through the page of text? Especially for lower level jobs where there are an awful lot of applicants.

As for the resume, I guess thats a personal choice, I have them on the last page in a neat fashion. But when it comes to resumes there is no 'Perfect Method'. All of us have a different idea of what reads well.

If you have more than a couple mind you, its a different situation. 'jtb' for instance has many many certs! Im sure you would just put the main ones, like MCSE etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back