Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS2GO help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadpanda

Programmer
Jul 21, 2002
US
I am on cable internet though a router. I downloaded and use dns2go because I have dynamic ip. My problem is that when i go to my web address. pulse.idleplay.net it does not show the apache page. it pops up a username password box, for which i cant figure out what password it wants. My question is how do i get it to go to my apache start page? sorry if this is confusing. This is my first attempt at making a server.

Thanks.

Is there any chance that this could be for you router admin?

Yes, I agree. The dynamic IP address is the router address. You must configure the router for Server Hosting so HTTP requests etc can be passed through to your apache server. That would then be a LAN address, but the IP masking etc is done by the router.

I briefly used the D-Link home broadband router and it was called 'Virtual Hosts' or something under the advanced config menu.

thanks guys. i figured out what the problem was. I had to set up IP forwarding on my router. So connections will go through my router to my pc.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back