Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
US
Hello yall,
I am having what I believe to be a DNS issue in my domain. The domain is named seaprep.org. Our webserver is not part of the domain, but rather it is a stand alone server in a DMZ that we have created, but it resolves to . About 1/2 of our internal users get DNS errors when trying to access our web-site.
My belief is that the internal DNS (windows 2000 domain) believes the site to local and therefore it doesn't send the request through the proxy server.
What type of DNS record would I have to create to force domain users to resolve to the correct IP?

thanks,
Ben

They are inside of an isa 2000 firewall. They can't ping any external sites. All other sites resolve perfectly. It is just the site which I believe is because the internal domain is the same name.
thanks,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back