Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS problem/not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palagast

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
NL
Hi all,

Yesterday morning people started complaining that they couldn't connect to my Citrix farm. After some troubleshooting I discovered that the URL entered in the ICA agent wasn't resolvable. When I pinged the address on a (win98) client, it came with the error "Bad IP address". As this looks like a faulty DNS, I first rebooted the client to flush the local DNS cache without effect. After restarting the DNS Server service on the DNS Server and even rebooting the machine (no eventlog messages btw), some clients could go back to work, some couldn't.
What it comes down to: Some clients still can't resolve the DNS name ICA.<domain>.<extension>
Does anyone know or have a hint on how to proceed to get the clients working? Is there a way to force a dns-flush/reset on clients for example?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't use URL. I use TCP/IP and then enter the servers IP addresses.

What is the result from NSLookup?

Winoto,

Thanks for your reply. I use DNS because I have 4 Citrix servers. If one fails, an other one can easily be reached.
NSLookup doesn't work on Windows 98 unfortunately..

Can you say "WINS"? Seems your W9x clients might really, really, really want NETBIOS...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
&quot;A knight without armour in a [cyber] land.&quot;

I put all of my citrix IP's on CPN instead of nebios name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back