Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS operation refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcdd2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
BR

Hello,

I am with DNS working, only that he doesn't get to solve the own name and it gives me those mistakes in the application log.

see the log

thanks

Ricardo

DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 1:01:39 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record 'gc._msdcs.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN A 192.168.0.115' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 1:01:36 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.5cbfa6fd-c855-426e-9a0b-2ab7543a43ed.domains._msdcs.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 1:01:32 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.gc._msdcs.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 3268 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 12:56:41 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 3268 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 12:56:38 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 12:56:31 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 12:52:06 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.netconnection.com.br. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 dns.netconnection.com.br.' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.
3/1/2004 12:51:52 PM NETLOGON Error None 5774 N/A DNS Registration of the DNS record 'netconnection.com.br. 600 IN A 192.168.0.115' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.

Need more info. How long has this been going on? What does ipconfig /all show? Can you get to the internet at all, if so, how? Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

Looks like your DNS server is not accepting dynamic updates. What DNS server are you using?

If dynamic updates is what is failing here, you might want to check the below link to make sure you've setup the appropriate access-list and allow-update directives in your Name Servers. I'm using UNIX as my name servers and allow AD to update them dynamically via a named access-list at the global Name Server directive level plus the allow-update directive in each of my sub-zones. Hope this helps!

Jose Luis Martin Cenjor, CCNA, CCNP
HP Global Technology Solutions

hi ...

my ip config shows

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : dns
Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . : netconnection.com.br
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : netconnection.com.br
com.br

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet
Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-7D-A1-7C-B8
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.115
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.177.250.10

I am using a Windows 2000..

thanks.

Ricardo

So you mean that dns is working, only you can't resolve the servers name? Who are you using for the primary dns server? Locally or an isp?

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

People I have the same problem as ricardo. I keep getting the following error msg

Registration of the DNS record 'gc._msdcs.wilkersons.com. 600 IN A 169.254.60.84' failed with the following error:
DNS operation refused.

I dont know what ip address (169.254.60.84) is it referring to??

GlenJohnson my primary dns server is ISP have made the required changes in the forwarders...tks

hi,

thank you for the help of all

my dns is internal, because I am making an installation of MS Exchange

regards,

Ricardo Kuznecovas

Ricardo:

You have to point your DNS server to your internal DNS(ADintegrated?) most probably 192.168.0.1 and put this ip's 200.177.250.10, 200.176.2.10 to your DNS forwarders.

Wilkersons:

Your have a LAN connectivity problem that's why you're receiving those ip address from APIPA.

Hmmm Ricpinto.

the way my system is set up is as follows:

The dsl/cable box is connected to a linksys router (currently providing dhcp )from the router to the LAN. now i have hookedup the server to this lan. Apart from this windows 2000 sr there is a novell server too. plan is to get rid of the novell network and migrate all users to this 2000 envin.

I have been advised that there is no need for a DNS server in the first place as the AD will perform all the functions that i need.

what the win2k will do is enable users to logon to the server and run some applications besides the fact that their profiles will be stored on this server. In future we r planning to implement a web server + exchange server too. does this call for a dns srv. if not how can i uninstall dns srv with out effecting the functioning of the AD...

Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back