Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS not installing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKiBa

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2004
GB
I'm trying to install 2kserv on a testbox. When I install the AD everything seems to go fine, I agree to install DNS etc. etc. but then when I check inside dns manager all it says is (same as parent folder) for start of authority and name server and the server name as host. If I remember rightly it should show _msdcs, _sites, _tcp, _udp. So what's the problem? :)

SOA and NS are the only things set up by default. If you want the others installed, you have to do that manually. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

sorry, bit of a newb so not entirely sure what you mean, the problem I'm having is that I can't seem to join another pc to the domain. It is getting assigned an ip by dhcp no probs but it just cant seem to see the domain, i'm sure last time i did those entries i listed above came by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back