Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS issue with Firebox Edge X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2002
GB
Don't know if anyone has come across this issue before.

I have a Watchguard Firebox edge X5. Trusted network is on 192.168.100.x/24, Optional is on 192.168.1.x/24.

The WAN1 port is connected to a netgear modem, which picks up a static IP from our ISP, and the watchguard sees this, and reports that it's external address is the static ip address.

I also have a wireless access point on the trusted side of the watchguard.

I can get out onto the internet from a wired PC on either trusted or option side of the network, but not all DNS requests are being resolved. This means that my email server on the Option side is not resolving other email servers (without bodging it!)

It also means that when connecting via wireless on the trusted side, it does not resolve web site names, although it does on most web sites if wired into the trusted side.

I suspect somewhere there is a problem with DNS forwarding, but I cannot see it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Andy

=======================================
I got to the edge of sanity....then i fell off
======================================

when you open the management console you need should be able to view traffic logs in real time and see whats going on.

what software do you have it on?

thought about trading it up to an XTM2 series?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back