Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS issue with company website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCGI

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
We have an issue viewing our company website from inside of our network and I think I've found the problem but don't know how to solve it. Our file server (server 2003) is our main DNS server with the exchange server (server 2000) serving as a backup. There is a host record (uses parent domain) for our domain name that points to the private IP of our Exchange server. I didn't create it and I don't know what it's purpose is. When I delete it I find that our website can then be viewed fine. But it recreates itself for some reason and when this happens we cannot view certain images on the website. How can I fix this??
FYI.... our website can be viewed fine externally.

Do you have seperate zones setup for internal and external?

Can you set up an explicit internally and start using or to resolve the internal website instead of just or
Internally, your AD wants to be able to resolve the domain name to one of the domain controllers, so you don't want to have the parent domain map somewhere besides a DC on the internal network. If you remove it, it's probably putting it back to keep things healthy.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back