Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB55185

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
Hi,

Wondering if someone would be able to help me with domain name resolution. How would I use DNS to get a server to resolve to two different domain names?

Our entry server is using an SSL certificate and the server is known as orderserver.domainname1.com and is in the internal domainname1 domain.

However that certificate is going to be changing to a different internet domain name when we renew the certificate. That will be orderserver.domainname2.com.

Our ISP has already changed the outside DNS host records, but how do I set up the internal DNS? We want it set up so that when we type orderserver.domainname2.com it resolves to our order entry server.

thanks

The same way the extenal is setup,
orderserver.domainname2.com IN A 000.000.000.000

Are you saying that you want your new DNS record to resolve to an internal IP address when internal people access the server??? I'm confused about your real question here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back