Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS Error Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWCSD

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
MessageId=4016
Severity=Error
SymbolicName=DNS_EVENT_DS_LDAP_TIMEOUT

The DNS server timed out attempting an Active Directory service operation on %1. Check Active Directory to see that it is functioning properly. The event data contains the error.

I am having difficulty with some of my users logging on to the network. Initially the user logs on, and the computer only seems to take longer to boot, but then the user tries to access a network resource, but is unable to. If the user waits several minutes before attempting to connect to the resource they will have access. The windows XP pro machines that are experienceing this problem have several errors in the event log saying things such as time sync did not occur and authentication did not occur.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, and this only occurs when computers are connected to one particular Domain Controller. If I move the computer to another building with another DC, and log in with the same user account the machine works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back