Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS error in Event Viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcsand

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
Can anyone help me with this DNS error I get in the event viewer? A little background on my network. I have 2 domain controllers on one subnet and the error is coming up on one domain controller. These 2 domain controllers also replicate with several other servers in other subnets all on the same domain. Here is the error:

The event id is 4004 and the source is DNS

The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone XXXXXXXX.com. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "". The event data contains the error.

Thanks, Mark

This is the wrong forum. You should re-post your question in the DNS forum.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back