Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS and VPN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldfuzion

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
This is a twofold question, somewhat related.
I am trying to create a VPN between a home office, with AT&T DSL, to our main office sitting on a DS3.
At the home office i am using a Linksys WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router with VPN, at the main office i have a Netscreen 50.
My first issue is with the home office and the Linksys. As soon as I put in the VPN info and save it, I loose DNS. Just putting the settings in, not even attempting to connect causes this. As soon as I remove the VPN settings i get DNS back. I have put in the static DNS from AT&T into the Linksys, but same issue. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Second issue, on the Netscreen 50, after setting up the intial settings for the new VPN, when i go to create the Policy, the VPN Tunnel dropdown field seems to be limited to 5. How do i get it to show my full list?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have an IPsec VPN configured at home to connect to my office LAN. However, I configured by office DNS servers in DHCP. How is your DHCP configured? With regards to your second question, are you using route based VPN's with tunnel interfaces? If so, are you using NHTB (Next Hop Tunnel Binding)? The reason I ask is because your VPN's may be bound to the same Tunnel Interface. I would check your VPN's to see if this is the case. Hope this helps.

Rgds,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back