Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS and Subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianvasile

Technical User
Apr 3, 2006
US
I was wondering if someone knows how to do this. I have a DNS zone called mydomain.local. For that zone I have a CNAME record that will point to our webserver in order to have a small intranet. The address is companyintranet.mydomain.local and the web address is Now I would like to add a subdomain to that intranet to look like this: How will I do that?

Thank you for your help.

in your domain in DNs, right click and choose new domain and call it cae. The within that new domain build a new cname for your intranet website....I blelieve this will do it

sorry, friday brainfart.... may be easier to build a new zone for your intranet. Then have a new domain within that for cae and then create a new cname for cae.intranet to point to your webserver.....fridays....

I think i will just go home....no need for subdomain in your intranet zone, just a cname for cae to point to the webserver as needed.....AGH!!!!

Ok; very confused now.
Thank you for your help though.

Sorry.

Build new Primary AD zone for your intranet address The in that zone add the CNAME for cae to point to the webserver in your domain.local

Hope I have clarified this.

To be honest ... not. I am fairly new to this.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back