Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS and Active Directory Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

middi1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
I have a win2K server that acts as the only DC. I have a Exchange 2K Server that is not a controller but a member of the Domain. Has been working fine for 6 months now. All of a sudden I am having problems with Exchange and creating mailboxes and all. My DC is acting weird also too. I can for example try and ping Yahoo.com and when it tries and resolves it will try and ping Yahoo.com.Mydomain.com(where mydomain.com is actually the domain of the server). It is for some reason adding the domain name to the end. The server browses the internet fine and I can create users. I have no problem logging into the domain. Is the DNS corrupt on this? Someone told me that you can uninstall the DNS service and then reinstall and let it rebuild the AD but that scares me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check the dns forwarders list to see if your isp dns servers are listed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back