Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman4000000

Programmer
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hi all,
We are installing an IVR from Nortel Networks which will be used in conjunction with our Avaya Definity (release 8). However when calls come into the Nortel from the definity, we are not picking up the CLI or DNIS numbers. The Nortel guys assure us that everything is set up for it on the IVR. We are using DS1FD. Any ideas?

ICE

Are you doing a converse step in the vector to pass VDN and/or ANI to the IVR? If no, that may be your problem.

If you are, I think we had a similar problem with an IVR. If I remember right, the IVR was looking in the wrong place for the VDN/DNIS number. I think we had to get a T-berd to watch what was being sent to prove the PBX was sending the DNIS and to help them figure out where the DNIS was in the message from the PBX.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back