Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNIS values and Marketing Campaign Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skk391

Technical User
Mar 3, 2009
GB
Hi everyone.

I wanted to know if there is a way of presenting the DNIS passed to us from the telephone exchange on the agent M3905 phones.
Ie. customer rings- 0208 458 4544. The telephone exchange presents 4544 which hits our Cs1000 and an IDC table converts it to CDN 555 and CC6 takes control. I wanted to see if there is a way to display this to the agent (maybe be presenting this value on the phone screen ?) is there is value that need to be changed on the route etc
We have many numbers pointing to the same skillset and need a way for calculating how many customers rang a certain number to see how a certain marketing campaign is performing. The agent could then take this DNIS number and enter it into a internal data capture system or is there any other way that this can be done?

Many thanks

do you have symposium?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Don't use IDC tables, bring the actual number in to the PBX and build another CDN (544 I guess) which transfers it to CC6, then the system will see the number and you can run reports on it.

Thanks for the reply trvlr1.

I don’t think I going to be able to do that. I will try to explain my problem that I need a work around for.

We have advertised around 200 or so numbers (freephone/toll free numbers) which are overlaid to Internal DDI.

0800 XXX 345 goes to 0208 XXX 4578 idc to CDN 555
0800 XXX 323 goes to 0208 XXX 4124 idc to CDN 555
0800 XXX 346 goes to 0208 XXX 4574 idc to CDN 555
etc

I don’t want to setup 200 or so CDN's. I would like some way of either the Nortel CS1000 or CC6 to be able to display the last 4 digits of the 0208 number. I know that it gets passed to the Nortel CS1000 from the telephone exchange.

Any more ideas trvlr1 or anyone???

I know that if you trace the incoming call it will show the pre IDC number and post IDC number, but I'm not sure how you would be able to use that in your situation to your advantage .... hmmmmmm!

Hi,

I think that John Poole may be on the right track by using CC6. I can see that in the configuration tab there is a DNIS table for entries to be entered into and in Historic reporting there is a DNIS report that can be run. I have entered in the DNIS value made a few test calls and ran the report but the report is telling me that there is no DNIS information to report againist. It may be that I have only just entered the required DNIS information into the table but I will run the report again in about an 1 hour and see if data is showing then. I will keep you posted...

You could turn on IDC name and name each IDC number

No sure what you would see on CC6 reports but agent would see name on diplay.

LD 16
DNAM = Yes

LD 95
Req:new
Type:name
DCNO: <-- enter DC table number
IDC: 4544

Thanks veryone for your help....

I have a solution....

there is a DNIS table in the configuration tab within CC6. Once your have named and entered in the DNIS value the system will report on the calls with the configured DNIS value.

Open up Historical Reporting and run the DNIS report under ' Public Report Templetes' and others.

Nice

Thanks everyone!!

Interesting... I'd like to give it a try.

On my incoming route, DNIS = NO. Is there any potential risk if I change it to YES? I am thinking I need to do the change to make the solution work.

And how many digits for NDGT? The same as extension?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back