Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNIS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
Okay, I promise I am figuring out a lot of stuff on my own, and will eventually stop asking so many questions.

I have a customer with 3 Digital Trunk Modules. 2 have incoming PRI's, and 1 has a T1 line going out to an external fax server. The customer had their service provider change the local number that an 888 number pointed to and the DNIS that is sent when that 888 number is dialed. I cannot find where in the BCM I have make changes to make this number properly route to the fax server.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me already.

DNIS numbers are programmed under target lines ...and they must(will) be unique

I think the DNIS you are taliking about is in the call pilot. But you have to have the call center pro keycode to use this.

I am not 100% about what you are trying to achieve but if it is to take a number ending 888 and send it accross your T1. You could program the Target line and assign it to ring an unused extension.Then under the target line trunk line data at the redirect to put in the access number for the T1 and the fax server number.

Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back