Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNIS Name doesn't appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 7, 2004
US
Avaya CM 6.2. I have a VDN, 10000 to a vector that sends calls to a hunt group which rings the first available agent. I'd like that agent to receive the DNIS name so they know who the call was actually for, i.e. 10000/ VDN01. I'm having trouble figuring out what to configure to make this happen. Also, can this be done from within, e.g. calling from an Endpoint to another agent through the VDN?

What trunks are you using ??

On agent answer the agent will see the name attached the the VDN , and incoming connected digits if you have this feature available and set up correctly in CM , what do you currently see on the agents sets that you are not expecting / wanting to see??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

This is a test system where I have only a SIP trunk installed.

As I indicated, this is a test system as we develop Avaya and Cisco SIP Attendant Consoles. I only have a single trunk set up. That trunk will process all calls to my VDN 10000. Unfortunately our carrier doesn't provide DNIS service, but we have a requirement by a customer to process the Dialed Number into our console which is a logged in Agent. I'm assuming that the DNIS info comes in through the Trunk to the VDN which ate that point, should VDN override be enabled or not will supply the numbered diald or the name of the VDN to the agent, but I wanted to confirm all the configuration parameters are met to ensure that DNIS info would be routed correctly should the carrier provide DNIS. Can anyone help confirm what parameters need to be set to have either the name or dialed number appear on the agents set rather than caller id?

I think if I just asked a question at a time, it would give me a better understanding. Hopefully someone has the patience to work with me. I have a Avaya Aura 6.2 midsize system with a Session Manager, a G430 Gateway with a MM714 analogue trunk/ line module. I am receiving caller id, but need to know, if my carrier can provide DNIS, will I be able to receive it through this MM714 or does it need to be through an ISDN?

I don't think you'll get DNIS on analog. You'll get either callerID or DNIS. An ISDN trunk would be better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back