Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DND button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

prep3910

Technical User
Jan 12, 2010
US
Hi,
I have a Partner ACS 509 Processor (R7) with Partner Mail VS 3.0 (old I know).
My DND button can be programmed but it forwards every call to operator (ex. 10) when activated instead to my voicemail. This goes for other extensions as well. I looked through the threads and saw there was a lot written about incompatibility of R7 with VS 5.0 and 4.0 but nothing about VS 3.0.
I checked my voicemail setting and it is set to automatic VMS cover (1Assigned).
Obviously, voicemail works fine otherwise after 4th ring. As long as I do not use DND button but I would like to be able to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

That's the issue with R3 voicemail and R7 Processor. DND will not work properly. It does exactly what you said, it will transfer the caller to the receptionist.

The only fix is to downgrade the processor (hardware) to an R6 or upgrade the voicemail to PMVS R5 (the version that works with dnd) or any Partner Messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back