Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNB File conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsha

MIS
Nov 27, 2020
CA
Hi, I am trying to convert a TNB text file to excel as we need to migrate our system. I downloaded the utility file but it is giving me run time error, some files give me macro not available message. Can someone guide how we can convert. is there a new file. Thanks

Its usually down to the security settings in Excel Trust Center to allow macros and VB, also I generally have to run excel as administrator on Company PC

Most errors are due to the catpure file not displaying the data in the correct order, or that "REQ" is missing etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

THANK YOU ALL. This worked. I am also wondering that if this can be used any time when we need to convert the DNB files or these conversion files needs to be updated frequently. Our organization is planning for a major pbx migration and we will need to download the DNB file and convert this several times. your advise is truly appreciated. Thank you all for the reply

I would also save the TNB information and whilst you are doing this to save all the other data such as Networking and ACD etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back