Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNA-SERVER monitoring form EVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacer73

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
RU
Hi!

How to load *.MIB (dna.mib, dmi.mib, ext) on DNA-SERVER (SNMP Agent in Windows2000) for supervision over processes (SQL, ext) from EVM.

Andy

MIB is loaded on the SNMP AAU card , not on the DNA server.

Hi Andy,

Once upon a time DNA monitoring was possible from EVM. This has not been working with the later service packs of DNA, sp5, 6, 7, Ericsson is aware of the problem, but due to lack of interest in the EVM application this has low priority.

Best Regards
Mattias Kressmark

Hi, Mattias,

Oh. At me just installation with built-in SP6 and established from above SP7 and SP701.
In the documentation is written, that all should work, but does not work.; -)
If not a secret, whence at you the information on the given question. To me it needs to be known that have begun to work with a problem my suppliers.

I shall try to specify at the local representatives E/// in what condition now there is a support SNMP on DNA-SERVER.

Andy

Why bother with the Ericsson MIB's and EVM, its a waste of money, there is far better monitoring tools available within windows 2000 +

Even if you use EVM you still use the SNMP service of windows 2000. And the MIB is installed in the SNMP agent which is the AAU card.
So pls Affirmation , tell us about this new product of windows 2000 to replace all this .

Hi
Mattias mentioned that Ericsson lack interest in the EVM. Just to let you know; EVM alongwith MMS/E are enjoying reinforced focus through a new Ericsson partner. This means that both solutions will continue to be supported and developed.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

A minor clarification, the lack of interest I was reffering to was more that of the MD110 customers to use (and buy) EVM. Anyway, lhm is correct an Ericsson partner have taken over the product. The compnay is Mitec based in Norway, chek it out at:

However, I have still not heard of anyone wanting to use EVM for DNA5.0 sp3+ monitoring. There are also other ways of monitoring Windows servers out there...

Best Regards
Mattias Kressmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back