Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DN in phoneset display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattan

Programmer
Oct 9, 2005
SE
Hi,

We have a menu were the customer enter their zip-code and we direct them to the right skillset depending on which zip-code their entered. The zip-code is stored in a DN variable. Is there anyway to see the zip-code in the phoneset display so that the agent doesn't have to ask for it? We use Symposium 4.2 so I don't think it's possible but I'll ask anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Martin

To the best of my knowledge, such doing is impossible. In my practice of construction of CallCenter all co-operating with an customer takes place through IVR: information is brought in in a database, and then from her stretch through CRM or specialized agent software.

what are they seeing now? if it's a unique, i would try to name that with the zip and give each path a cdn.. doesn't sound doable but a work around might get you there

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You most likely would need some sort of TAPI or CTI interface. The result would be a screen pop on their computer, not the phone.

you can try this, its sound doable: you'll need to create a look-up table in the sccs or even use HDX.

Either use HDX to return the zip to a call variable of type integer or DNIS. If its an integer then assigned that integer to another variable of type DNIS.

Then on the phone display properties, chose DNIS number or names or both to display.

If not using HDX, you'll have to create a lookup table in the SCCS and do the same thing.

EX lookup table...this could get real ugly real quick though

Where zipcode_cv equals
value 82001: assign 82001 to somevariable_cv
... and so on

zipcode_cv = integer type
somevariable_cv = DNIS type

Those variables work with the scripting, but I believe the phone displays come from a different source. Have you tried this?

I have this with actual DNIS, and converted DNIS...DNs that are route through Back to Back T1s via TSC and IDC tables.

The phone will display the data as long as the data is of any of the valid types and there. our sets is set to diplay CDN names and numbers, DNIS name and numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back