Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DN and Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2002
US
Hello to all,

I have recently been handed the task of the administrating the Nortel system in my company. The last guy left no documentation at all so I am just about going nuts!
I would like to find a directory of all of the mailboxes that the previously set up so that I can get the foward to voicemail to work. The owner of the company said that the DN and VM are the same, but if that is true then there can be no way of fowarding to VM as the phone won't let you foward to the same ext, right?
Is there a feature that gives this information, what dn is tied to what mailbox?
Thanks so much in advance for your help

Enter F885 and that will display the V-mail DN

Correction...

That would be Feature 985. D. McCall
dave@norstarsupport.com

The VM System Manager (F983)/MBox/Change provides menu options for MBox properties, such as Password Reset, Name, Class of Service, AND Extension Number. Here you would view or change the assignment, pointing the VM MBox to an extension.

Also, you can--on larger voice mail products -- print reports. This requires a local printer. It reports an immense range of statistics,-- times of messages, called party, averages, durations, etc.

Yours,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back