Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMZ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdabney

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2002
US
I'm having a awful time. I've had a Cisco engineer help me and we're not getting anywhere. According to the CE, there is nothing wrong with my configuration and I don't believe it is also. My issue: I have a 3500 switch that is configured for the DMZ it has static outside/dmz IP"s That switch is connected via fiber to another switch (3500 also) in our plant. We have 6 machines (DHCP)that are connected to this switch that need to be on the DMZ because they need to send info back and forth across the Internet and outside people need to manipulate. The machines do not connect to the Internet and the vendors can replicate with them. My only question is on the switch that is in the plant should the IP address be one for the DMZ octet or one for our internal LAN octet, or does it matter?

If you are natting this device, it needs to be on the internal LAN subnet. If it is not NATting then it needs to be the public IP address, if it is a dirty DMZ.

Burt

Sorry about the late reply. You were correct, I had the DMZ not natting, but using the internal address. So simple, huh? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back