Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dmz visibility - external name vs internal server name

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpico

Programmer
May 14, 2003
GB
i have a problem connecting to a server using jproxy through apache and modjk/tomcat

apache serves pages fine on port 443, when I run apachectl sslstart, and i can connect to the tomcat servlets examples page, so i know there is connectivity there. the problem appears when the machine is place in the dmz, as i need to use the external name for the initial connection, i change the jproxy.jar correctly and point it to the external address

the issue is i dont know which address i should be using as when internally the machine cannot see the external name and when external we cant obviously see the internal name. which name? internal or external? should i put in apache?

external addr = <isphostname.com>
internal addr = swordfish

this is the error i see from the client when jproxy breaks

[NamingContextFactory]: Error during getInitialContext: server url: isphostname.com:443 Invoke Error Invoke Error isphostname.com
com.jproxy.proxy.TunnelException: Invoke Error Invoke Error isphostname.com
at com.jproxy.proxy.servlet.ServletTunnel.invoke(ServletTunnel.java:129)
at com.jproxy.proxy.Tunnel.invokeRequest(Tunnel.java:340)
at com.jproxy.proxy.Tunnel.newInstance(Tunnel.java:366)
at com.jproxy.proxy.NamingContextFactory.getTunnelInitialContext(NamingC
ontextFactory.java:170)

i am using apache v2.0.43 and openssl 0.9.7b with tomcat 4.1.24

any suggestions appreciated,
elpico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back