Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMS/SL-100 NORTEL FORUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
Is there a central office (DMS-100) forum on tek-tips...?

no i haven't seen one, you can start one if you care to.. it's the cheapest help desk you will ever find.. and if the response is like the pbx side, the fastest by far.. usually the time between the qusetion and the 1st correct answer is a matter of minutes.. i had a call pilot problem on an install on a sunday, call tech support, they called nortel.. posted the question here, 12 sec response to a question our tech support had refered out.. nortels tech support did call 45 minutes after the problem was fixed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am the reason that the "big-8" usenet group comp.dcom.sys.nortel exists. And for some time it was the busiest Nortel group in the world. The only expense for me was LOTS of time learning from the people that influence the hundreds of "legitimate" groups that exist in Usenet.

What I learned is the fewer the groups the better. Not so your posts are unwelcome, but rather the most people will see your posts.

In other words, start posting SL100 and DMS stuff here for a month or so and see if the volume would draw people to another forum.

Case in point. I never look at the other Nortel forums here, even though I could contribute some. I prefer a single forum.

But on the other hand, I admit I would not want Norstar topics here. There are millions of Norstars installed - thousants of DMS/SL100s

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back