Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMCC and Tsapi Call Recording Avaya CM

bhargav2001

Technical User
Jun 24, 2024
IN
Hello guys
I have DMCC and Tsapi license for active call recording. And I am playing around with dmcc dash board to get know more I am able to monitor station via tsapi but clueless about dmcc.

I am so confused how
Does dmcc rigister support SIP and h323?
How can I record calls of both SIP and h323 from Avaya cm?

Please help

DMCC typically registers H323 phones to CM. It can record SIP phones. TSAPI tells you what the phone is doing and DMCC is used for audio - Device Media and Call Control.

You typically record in one of three ways:
Service Observe - the DMCC phone dials the service observe code and the extension to listen in on just like a normal supervisor might do to listen to an agent.
Single Step Conference - TSAPI makes the phone being recorded engage in a conference call with the DMCC phone doing the recording.
Split Registration - If you`re recording only H323 phones, this allows DMCC to register a 2nd instance of the H323 phone and get media forked that way.

Thanks kyle555

I managed to do single step conference to record SIP calls using h323 DMCC station on CM with SSC.

How Service Observe works, how can i capture audio. is this an efficient way?

And when i try with DMCC test on AES its failing at registration stage, i am registering the h323 station with CLAN IP not CM IP.
soft phone and dmcc dashboard (Avaya SDK) able to registered with CLAN IP, is this have something to do with?

sorry if its dumb question!

No problem if AES is pointing to a CLAN. Though it probably means you're working with a very old system. Since about release 5 it's been recommended to use processor ethernet/CM IP and rerlease 10.2 is current. I assume you're working on a lab.

I've only played with the DMCC SDK once or twice. You say you can record via SSC OK so that tells me you're probably using DMCC correctly.
I would think the DMCC SDK should be pointing to the AES that's offering the DMCC service and it doesn't register to CM directly.

Service Observe is a feature that lets one phone listen to another. Supervisors can use it to listen to agents. So, service observe is a feature you invoke when you learn by TSAPI that there is a call you want to record. What happens in CM is that your DMCC phone goes and listens on the call in progress. The SSC feature is where you tell the phone you want to record to conference in the DMCC phone. Same idea but 2 different ways of accomplishing it. SSC is newer and has the advantage of supporting multiple recorders at one because a phone can have up to 6 parties on a call - itself, the caller, and up to 4 more devices can be conferenced in.

Thanks again kyle555.

Both the method works!!!

Thank you so much for the intel......

Hi Kyle555
sorry to bug you again.

the SSC works fine but on the hard phone screen its showing conference when i do SSC with dmcc station and user not able to transfer or conference calls.
Any idea why

Might be number of call appearances on station and "restrict last appearance" on the station form.
Try adding a call appearance or 2

Can the phone make a call, conference another phone, and then subsequently try to conference another call or transfer it?

Can the phone make a call, conference another phone, and then subsequently try to conference another call or transfer it?

Tried this, but not able to do.

Showing "conference 2" on phone display is common in dmcc SSC recording?

try adding more call appearances?

Can the phone make a call, conference another phone, and then conference or transfer if not using your DMCC/TSAPI test application? If it can, then I'd say you're probably doing something wrong with SSC. Maybe you're invoking a normal conference and not completing it or something like that.

yes the issue was call appearances, added more now its working.

And setting participation type to Silent while doing SSC removed the "Conference 2" on the phone screen.

thanks again for the help..

try adding more call appearances?

Can the phone make a call, conference another phone, and then conference or transfer if not using your DMCC/TSAPI test application? If it can, then I'd say you're probably doing something wrong with SSC. Maybe you're invoking a normal conference and not completing it or something like that.
Hello @kyle555

Is it possible to record stereo calls using dmcc and tsapi license?​

I have no idea. I'd imagine you're just recording whatever codec the stream is in, which means if you're using H323 via DMCC that you're limited to the codecs supported by H.323 would be up to G.722.

If you have an Avaya Media Server and not G430/450, you could try setting up opus only in a network region and see if you can make a call between 2 endpoints as opus and trigger dmcc recording from an h323 station as opus. I'm not sure it'd work, but it's worth a try if you really need it.

I'd imagine you'd need to use SIPREC off an Avaya SBC if you wanted to record in other codecs. With that, you'd still be using TSAPI, but you'd be using SIPREC to grab the media from the SBC rather than DMCC from CM.

Do you have a use case where the call between the 2 users is non-PSTN based and is actually using something like opus or silk that support stereo streams?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back