Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachad

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
Using the code below, I am trying to get the latest facility info for each facility, based on user input. The facility detail table stores the info, and only has rows for when data changes i.e.:
[tt]
FACILITYCODE MONTHNO YEARNO RATE
PLANT_A 1 2006 100
PLANT_A 4 2006 110
PLANT_A 6 2006 125
PLANT_B 2 2006 105
[/tt]
If the user enters [For month] 5 and [For year] 2006
I want to retreive 4/06 for plant A and 2/06 for plant B, and if the user enters [For month] 3 and [For year] 2006
I want to retreive 1/06 for plant A and 2/06 for plant B.

Code:
SELECT tblFacilities.FacilityCode, tblFacility_Detail.Rate, DateSerial([tblfacility_detail.yearno],[tblfacility_detail.monthno],1) AS DetailDate
FROM tblFacilities INNER JOIN tblFacility_Detail ON tblFacilities.FacilityCode = tblFacility_Detail.FacilityCode
WHERE (((DateSerial([tblfacility_detail.yearno],[tblfacility_detail.monthno],1)) In (SELECT DISTINCT DMax("DateSerial([tblfacility_detail.YearNo], [tblfacility_detail.MonthNo],1)","tblfacility_detail","DateSerial([tblfacility_detail.YearNo], [tblfacility_detail.MonthNo],1) <=DateSerial("+[For Year] +","+[For Month]+",1)") AS MaxMonth
FROM tblfacility_detail));

This code works. The problem is that when I go to close and save the query, access pops up an error "Missing ( ] or |" and highlights the "IN" criteria field above.

PLEASE HELP! [ponder]

In your IN statement, you have 5 ( and 6 ) symbols.

Try removing one of the last ) fro the end of your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back