Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLU in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GISD

MIS
May 22, 2003
US
I can get DLU to work in 2000 but it doesnt create a user when loggin into XP. It keeps asking for a local user account. Any clues what Im missing?

Also, we rolled out the XP machines with local users accounts. Is there anyway to copy that profile to the user when they login as John Doe when the local user they had been using is something like "accounting"? Otherwise I would have to have users recreate all their desktop items and localy stored docs etc...

What version of ZENworks are you using?

Not sure how to use ZENworks to do it, BUT, once a new user account is created, you can use XP it's self to copy profiles from one user to the other. You get there by going into System Properties - User Profiles tab - click on the profile you want to copy, then click the copy too button, and copy it to the profile destination of the new user profile.

Provogeek

Saving the world, one network at a time
[rofl][rofl]

We are using ZEN 4. I am looking for a solution that I can "push-out" to users using Zen. Can the change your suggesting be done remotly in masse as a user logs in?

In theory yes, it should be able to be done using ZEN, but not directly. Explore and see what you can do. I am sure a BAT file can be written to copy on profile to another.

Also, search the CoolSolutions site, there may be some help there. I get the answer to most of my strange issues (except the ones in my head) from that site.

Provogeek

Saving the world, one network at a time
[rofl][rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back