Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT8000 LVD - Not accepting tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr196

MIS
Jan 31, 2005
CA
************************ Intro ***************************
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, I usually lurk around the networking and server forums, I love tek-tips, and there are some brilliant individuals here. Thanks in advance for help!

Ok... some background info. My first encounter with a DLT library and drive. I have read and understood the manuals.

******************* What am I Doing ***********************
I am currently in the process of importing a 'large quantity' of DLTs on a windows server using an application called Data Protector v5.5.

***************** What I'm Working With *******************
Library: HP Surestore 4/40
DLT Drive(s): Quantum DLT8000 LVD SCSI LVD/SE - 8MB x 2

************* The Problem(or gnome I call it)***************
As stated above, I have 2 Drives one of which is currently functioning, and the other, well... not-so-working.

Although I can accomplish this task with the one working drive it would half the time it would be taking now with two functioning drives.

The none-functioning drive doesn’t seem to be accepting tapes. The Arm will grab the specified tape, bring it to the drive, and then about 30 seconds later it will display an error message on the front panel indicating that the drive has dropped leader(which it hasn’t) or the tape snapped(which it hasn’t). You can clearly identify, when a tape has been inserted into a drive(the noise).

******************** What I've Tried ***********************
- Removing/reinserting drive
- Swapping drive positions
- Attempted to clean drive(would not load cleaning tape)[surprise]
- Checked for anything visually damaged or broken in comparison to the working drive.
- Posted on Tek-tips.

Help appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back